After my impromptu week away from campus, my return was met with, well, chaos and plenty of academic fires either lit under my proverbial backside or in need of being, again proverbially, put out. BUT I did indeed keep to my intentions to document my teacher fashion! Consider this post better late than never. On the plus side, it's coming out post-IOS 7 release -- which means I was able to play with the pretty pretty photo filters... Not that it cold help with the poor lighting situation in my office. I'm playing around with getting a few more floor lamps and never needing to touch the flickering fluorescent overhead ever again. Hey, an English instructor can dream, right?
Want more?
Day One: Tuesday
It was a HOT day back in the classroom and on campus. I ended up logging in more than 3 miles of commuting from my car, to my office, across campus for various meetings, to/from classes, back to my office... and THEN a colleague and I decided to rock several miles of running (me) and speed walking (her) at a local greenway that just so happens to begin right at the base of my parking lot. So I was quite happy that I chose this fun and lightweight Hawaiian-inspired print dress from Belk.
Again, just showing off just how long-lasting my mani was lasting. Gave my nails a chance to grow out beautifully as well. As someone who isn't able to rock long nails for long (thanks, blackboard chalk making everything so darn brittle), I'm quite thrilled.

My only complaint is that, having only worn it twice and washed it once, the liner shrunk several inches. Hence my booty (and other sensitive parts) feel the breeze, so to speak. I'm constantly feeling the need to tug it down even though the dress itself covers all non-teacher-y bits quite nicely -- albeit in a slightly sheer manner. Luckily, with the change of the season upon us here in south, I look forward to pairing this dress with sassy colorful tights (my standard staple in fall) soon enough.
New rainbow flats from DSW. Dr. Scholl's fashion has come quite a long way! Comfortable and compliment-worthy. Although, my feet are rocking some "new shoes blisters" that I hope will not always be the case since I'm pretty much in love with these overall. I needed new walking shoes for hiking to/from my office and around campus (note: I typically wear my heels only in the classroom and slippers in my office) and this pair is so fun and colorful that I just look down and smile -- not my normal reaction when staring at my feet!
Day Two: Wednesday
Meetings and office hours kept me hiking all over campus and holed up in my office for the bulk of the day. Then I was able to let my hair up (see what I did there?) and meet my newly-formed (in person, for we've been "meeting" online for months) running group for a post-work day light run.
Forgot my hiking shoes, so I went for my orange Sanuks flip flops. Awkward for me to wear such casual footwear at work, though it is a predominantly a casual-wear environment, but walking around on yoga mat material left my beleaguered toesies feeling like they were in heaven for the day. Can not speak more highly about these shoes! I don't normally buy duplicates (that's something my mother is known for!), but I have these in brown and black too. After several seasons are hard wear and tear, it's nearing time to replace them, but shall wear them into the ground until then!
Loving both my new haircut and my back-to-school new earrings courtesy of Target. The dress is a Kohls find that is far more flattering now than it was last season. I only recently developed the confidence to wear it without tights underneath since the fabric is clingy and not verb forgiving. But for a comfy office day, I feel like I can bend, move, curl up on the office chair (something my massage therapist would kill me for!), and perhaps even run... If I had to!
Day Three: Thursday
Supposedly, cooler weather is coming our way, but as my hair testifies to -- not soon enough! I hit upon the brilliant idea (after nearly 6 years!) to keep a flat iron in my office for touch-ups during the work day to combat the humidity. Definitely helps, but I'm still eagerly awaiting the fall.
This is one of my "back of my closet" finds that I fell in love with all over again. I believe that I got it from Belk and my favorite black cardigan from Kohls. The shoes are a clearance find (Naturalizer) from DSW and are a fun wine color, not black-brown as the pictures seem to make it. After a couple days away from teaching heels and a few runs in a row, I needed some supportive flats to rest my aching soles. My favorite part of this outfit...?
POCKETS!!!! I'm a sucker for pretty pockets that are 1) actually useful and 2) part of a flattering cut -- in other words, they don't stick out to add more weight to the hip area. Pockets just make me want to dance around like a 5 year old. One day, my wedding dress will have pockets and there will be many a photo of me looking just like this, I swear it'll happen! How can someone not smile when there are surprise pockets in outfits, hmm? I love forgetting that they're there and (re)discovering them. It's those little things, friends, the little things in life that are worth celebrating. Even pockets.
What are the small things that make you giddy? And what do you keep (re)discovering, to the delight of your inner child?
That's a wrap for another teaching week. I've been deliberately hiding my previous worn (and then washed) outfits so as to force myself to stick to my rule for the semester: WEAR ALL THE THINGS!!! ... and what is not worn will be donated to Goodwill in December.
Onwards!
~E







No comments:
Post a Comment