Friends:
Just a quick update before my addled brain and aching body can fully collapse...
Mission accomplished. Rocked 3 5Ks the last 3 Saturdays in a row: a color run, a run for Autism awareness, and a mud/obstacle course run of DOOM! 4.5 months of training and I survived, nay, rocked it to the very best of my abilities. Was most definitely the most physically grueling and emotionally challenging couple of weeks (especially yesterday, the mud run!) of my life. Each race, I had the most amazing racing partners and best beloved friends cheering me on, needing me to cheer them on, etc.
Overall, it was a blast and I'm overwhelmed at my progress in what's been both the longest and shortest several months EVER. I'm already planning next year's races... including a half-marathon that I just signed up for. And, yes, the mud run of DOOM is going to be tackled for a second time. I want to run all of it this time and fly through all of the obstacles (I missed two of them) as well.
With that said, I'll update more in depth when I'm better able to walk and no longer look so "prettily" bruised -- like I drunkenly tangled with a lawnmower and came in second. Tomorrow, I shall soak (yet again) in a hot tub and enjoy my massage therapist's magic fingers. And them, training resumes in two days.
No words. Both too tired and too emotionally uplifted/drained to say anything other than:
Onwards!
~E
No comments:
Post a Comment