Saturday, March 2, 2013

Blog Post Lucky #13

Just to hold me accountable...  Italics means that I've accomplished it.  Underline means that I'm well on my way to tackling it, but might need to redouble my efforts.  Bold means... shameful slacker!
  1. Start running!  Prep for and run a 5K.
  2. Get back into music: purchase a piano and/or join a choral group.
  3. Boost yoga, pilates, and Zumba class attendance at least 2-4x a month.
  4. Travel to 2 places that I've never been to and have ALWAYS wanted to go.
  5. Travel to 2 places that I've never been to and have NEVER wanted to go.
  6. Respond to my letter from my 15 year old self -- for my 35 and 40 year old selves.
  7. Remain open/optimistic about dating and romance.  Go speed dating, just for fun!
  8. Write more.  Start a blog.  Maintain it regularly, with at least 100 posts by July 28, 2013.
  9. Start recording family history, no matter how daunting.
  10. Reach 1000 miles hiked, walked, biked, etc. by January 1, 2013.
  11. Reach 1500 miles hiked, walked, biked, etc. by July 28, 2013.
  12. Ride a motorcycle -- don't let leg get burnt again!
  13. Apply to grad schools.  Doesn't matter where or whether I get in.  Bring it on, GRE.
  14. Make out like a teenager in an unlikely place.  Don't get arrested!
  15. Be part of a photo shoot.
  16. Go on a road trip.
  17. Have quality time with each member of my immediate family.
  18. Play on a boat.
  19. Rejuvenate my spirituality.
  20. Experience extreme heat and then experience extreme cold.
  21. Embrace my inner child.
  22. Ride a roller coaster.
  23. Get more crafty. (As in craft-tastic, not sneaky.)
  24. Volunteer time outside of academia.
  25. Boost my recipes and prowess in the kitchen.
  26. Find a vampire.  Embrace it.
  27. Become more wine cultured.
  28. Love my house.
  29. Wild card: do something suggested by someone else.
  30. Wild card: do something suggested by someone else.
#12 and #22: Note to self: Find someone trustworthy with a motorcycle! And find someone who'll rock coasters!  And those people (or person) doesn't have to be a romantic interest either.

#9 and 17: My grandmother (mother's mother) just passed away this week.  Doing these are even more significant.  Further posts to follow, once I let myself grieve, steep, reflect, and write more.  My relationship with Grams/Nana needs further thought and probing.

#29-30:  I'm still struggling with these. Should force myself figure them out by the end of the month, but want it to be a little more organic and let those come to me.  Passive, yes, but hopefully effective!  :)

#23: I owe people crafts thanks to the wonders of the internet and facebook.  Get on it, girl!


#8: YIKES!  Need 87 more blog posts.  Time to roll up the sleeves, or adjust the time...  Maybe 87 by the end of the year, perhaps?

#26: I'm shocked that I've kindled a close friendship with an ex who, until a couple months ago, was a "vampire" in many respects.  He's still vampiric, surely, but more in an Edward Cullen and less in a Nosferatu kind of way.  Running, too, is an embraced "vampire" that I previously despised -- along with the mirror and the scale.  Looking for others, but cooked carrots will not be embraced, no!

No comments:

Post a Comment